Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back from the Bahamas!






Well, I just came back from a very fun (but not extremely productive) shoot in the Bahamas. We intended to shoot a segment on Great Hammerheads, and we did see a couple, but they didn't stick around long enough to get much material. We had tons of Caribbean Reef sharks, a couple Tiger sharks, many Lemon sharks and a couple Nurse sharks. Pierre and I shot a few exciting sequences that may turn up in season 3, but nothing on the Great Hammerhead.

One of the fun parts of the trip was spending some time with some great friends. I chartered the whole boat (my favorite live aboard in the whole world...the Dolphin Dream) and had 12 of my diving pals aboard, including David Doubilet.

Also, towards the end of the week I called home on the satellite phone to discover that we have been nominated for THREE Emmy Awards for Jonathan Bird's Blue World!!! How cool is that?? The big ceremony is May 22 and we'll find out if we win any of them. We're pretty excited about it!

That's about all to report for now. Keep checking back for the latest info.

Best,
Jonathan





No comments: